AmeriCorps VISTA –Financial Education
We are looking for a resourceful and energetic bi-lingual person who wants to help expand our Financial Education program and gain experience in marketing, community development, affordable housing, and nonprofit management from a team of professionals. The VISTA will help builds stronger communities by sharing information about our services in the community, expanding our financial fitness curriculum, and helping families reach their homeownership goals.
NeighborWorks® Sacramento works with many families who would benefit from learning how to make the most of their financial resources so that they can achieve goals such as obtaining education, purchasing a home, or paying off loans. You will have opportunity to make a positive impact in the lives of many families through:
- Improving our existing Financial Education program by developing our classes and activities
- Developing and implementing a creative marketing plan for the Financial Education program. This will include working closely with residents, providing presentations at community meetings, and developing new partnerships in the community to reach families that do not speak English or do not use the internet.
NeighborWorks® HomeOwnership Center Sacramento Region is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization serving the greater Sacramento Region, with a special outreach focus on reaching low to moderate income level residents. We provide opportunities for successful homeownership and strong communities through programs and strategies that increase and support homeownership; improve the condition, health, and safety of existing homes, develop quality affordable housing, and empower residents through education and collaborations.
· Available for full-time volunteer VISTA service starting 11/13/2018 and going through 11/12/2019
· Bi-lingual Spanish and English (preferred)
· At least 2 years of college level classes (Bachelor’s degree preferred)
· Able to take initiative and work independently
· Able to work flexible hours (including some evenings and Saturdays)
· Excellent organizational skills and computer skills
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Team player and ability to work with diverse groups of people
Benefits during your service year include:
· Opportunity to work with professionals with many years of experience and gain valuable skills and experience in homeownership and community development
· Annual stipend of approximately $11,800
· End of Year cash stipend or Education Award
· Non-competitive Eligibility for Federal Employment
· Relocation and Child Care Assistance (in some cases)
· How to Apply for AmeriCorps VISTA: http://www.vistacampus.gov/how-apply-americorps-vista
· Candidates create a profile on: my.americorps.gov
· Candidates search for listings here: https://my.americorps.gov/mp/listing/publicRequestSearch.do
Please send cover letter and resume to Sharon Eghigian at email@example.com or NeighborWorks Sacramento, P.O. Box 5420, Sacramento, CA 95817, Attn: AmeriCorps VISTA