AmeriCorps VISTA –Building our Lending Program
We are looking for a resourceful and energetic person to help us improve and expand our lending program. NeighborWorks® Sacramento provides low-interest 2nd second mortgages to low- and moderate-income homebuyers. These loans assist families with up-front costs and enable them to qualify for a first mortgage that is adequate to purchase in Sacramento’s very high-cost housing market. We work with hundreds of families each year who want to become homeowners. Many of these buyers will become the first generation of their family to own their own home and to realize the many benefits of homeownership. The VISTA will gain a thorough understanding of the loan process, as well as the spectrum of services NeighborWorks® offers to help families purchase a home. You will have opportunity to make a positive impact in the lives of many families through:
- Improving our existing Lending program by working with our staff and Board of Directors to develop an updated and streamlined Lending procedures manual.
- Developing a marketing plan to reach out to our lenders.
- Developing a recruitment and accountability plan to manage our network of partner first mortgage lenders.
- Researching new funding sources and helping develop proposals to expand our capacity to provide loans to families.
NeighborWorks® HomeOwnership Center Sacramento Region is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization serving the greater Sacramento Region, with a special outreach focus on reaching low to moderate income level residents. We provide opportunities for successful homeownership and strong communities through programs and strategies that increase and support homeownership; improve the condition, health, and safety of existing homes, develop quality affordable housing, and empower residents through education and collaborations.
- Available for full-time volunteer VISTA service starting 8/19/2019 and going through 8/18/2020
- Bi-lingual Spanish and English (preferred)
- At least 2 years of college level classes (Bachelor’s degree preferred)
- Able to take initiative and work independently
- Able to work flexible hours (including some evenings and Saturdays)
- Excellent organizational skills, computer skills and excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Team player and ability to work with diverse groups of people
Benefits during your service year include:
- Opportunity to work with professionals with many years of experience and gain valuable skills and experience in homeownership and community development
- Annual stipend of approximately $11,800
- End of Year cash stipend or Education Award (for student loan payments or future tuition)
- Non-competitive Eligibility for Federal Employment
- Relocation and Child Care Assistance (in some cases)
Application Process: Candidates create a profile on: my.americorps.gov
How to Apply for AmeriCorps VISTA: http://www.vistacampus.gov/how-apply-americorps-vista
Candidates search for listings here: https://my.americorps.gov/mp/listing/publicRequestSearch.do
Please send cover letter and resume to Kara Thomson at email@example.com or NeighborWorks Sacramento, 2411 Alhambra Blvd. Suite 200, Sacramento, CA 95817, Attn: AmeriCorps VISTA