Senior Housing Counselor
NeighborWorks® Sacramento Region seeks an exceptional Director of Real Estate Development who will build on our 30-year history of providing opportunities for successful homeownership and building strong communities in Sacramento and the 11-county region we serve.
Founded in 1987, our mission is: To provide opportunities for successful homeownership and building stronger communities throughout the Sacramento Region. NeighborWorks® Sacramento Region is governed by a 10-member Board of Directors, the 2020 annual operating budget is approximately $2.6M, and we employ 26 people.
Reporting to the COO and HomeOwnership Services Project Manager, the Senior Housing Counselor works one-on-one with community members providing pre-pruchase homebuyer counseling, post-purchase counseling, and foreclosure prevention counseling. The Senior Housing Counselor helps community members determine their specific housing goals and build strategies to achieve them. This position also teaches workshops on housing and financial capability topics.
- Meet with community members to identify and determine their unique housing goals and address barriers
- Review monthly budgets and credit reports with community members
- Create customized action plans to help community members achieve their housing goals
- Provide information to community members on every step of home purchasing, refinancing, and foreclosure
- Manage an appointment calendar
- Maintain counseling records in a digital Client Management System in compliance with the HUD Senior Housing Counselor Handbook and NeighborWorks Sacramento Protocols
- Manage a caseload of clients and make timely follow-ups
- Instruct group education workshops on a variety of housing and financial topics
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Must prove critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- The ability to work with diverse groups in both individual and group settings, and in a team environment.
- Must be highly motivated self-starter with a proven ability in oral and written communication.
- Knowledge and/or experience in consumer lending, banking, counseling, credit and debt management programs
- The Senior Housing Counselor must be able to use Microsoft Programs such as; Word, Excel, Power Point and Publisher.
- The Senior Housing Counselor must be able to work remotely and use online client management systems, databases, cloud storage systems, and digital document signing programs
- The Senior Housing Counselor must be certified with HUD as a Senior Housing Counselor, or achieve their certification within the first six months of employment
Salary will be competitive and commensurate with experience. To apply, e-mail your resume, a detailed cover letter, and your salary requirements to: email@example.com (E-mail applications are required.) Resume reviews begin immediately.
NeighborWorks® Sacramento Region is an Equal Opportunity Employer