- This event has passed.
Virtual Preparing For HomeOwnership Workshop: Saturday October 17, 2020
October 17 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm$75
Preparing for HomeOwnership is an 8 hour workshop for prospective homebuyers planning to purchase a home ideally, within 6 months. Many loan programs accept this class to satisfy their homebuyer education requirement. We cover a range of topics, including understanding affordability, budgeting, mortgage insurance, home improvement, upkeep, refinancing, closing costs, down payment assistance, and more.
In response to the ongoing COVID-19 situation, we have moved to a virtual platform called Join.me for this Workshop
*If you are fulfilling a home purchase requirement, please check with your lender to make sure this workshop will be accepted!
Deadline to Register
You must register for this workshop no later than Monday, October 12 at 12:00 PM. If you try to signup after this deadline, you will have to register for the next available workshop.
$75.00 per seat.
What is Join.me?
Join.me is a web-based collaboration software application for screen-sharing and online meetings. Join.Me is compatible with any browser, tablet and mobile device. You will not be required to download anything or setup an account. If you would prefer to use the mobile app on a tablet or mobile device, you may download one for free in the Play Store or App Store.
What Happens after I Register?
- We will mail the first-time homebuyer book to participants the week of the course.
- Each participant will receive an email with required documents that need to be filled electronically through Docusign and sent back no later than Wednesday, September 14th at 5pm.
- They are all required and include:
- Fillable intake form (if you have already filled out an intake form with us in the past, you do not need to do so again, just remind us so we can pull that information up for you)
- Signed Conflict of Interest and disclosure statement that are to be signed through Docusign.
- They are all required and include:
Before the class
- Once we have made sure we received all of your required documents, you will receive
an emailed invitation with a link to the meeting.
- You will use this link on the morning of October 17th to access the meeting
- You will also receive a second email containing attachments with information and resources that you may find useful as well.
Day of the class
- Click on the link emailed to you prior to 9 am.
- You will instantly be directed into the meeting through your browser
- Enable your computer audio
- Wait for the meeting to start by the presenter, and that’s it!
What to expect
- The workshop will start off with the presenter doing a quick “roll/check-in” process where attendance will be marked
- We start our workshops promptly, so make sure you have joined the meeting no later than 9 am. If you are more than 15 minutes late, you will have to reschedule.
- Throughout the workshop, we will provide questions and quizzes using the comments feature of Join.Me to verify participation and maintain engagement with classmates and counselors. YOU MUST RESPOND TO ALL QUESTIONS IN ORDER TO RECEIVE YOUR CERTIFICATE. This will also provide for opportunities to ask questions verbally during the workshop or using the chat feature.
- Certificates will be sent to your email right after completion of the course
If you need to cancel your registration for the course, a refund may be available.
If you cancel your registration prior to October 12th you are eligible for a full refund. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
If you cancel after October 12th you are eligible for a partial refund. We will deduct the cost of your homebuyer education book and postage from your refund. Contact email@example.com