The Director of Marketing & Fundraising reports to the CEO and works with the Resource Development & Brand Manager and other key staff to spearhead fundraising efforts as NeighborWorks Sacramento continues to grow.
This is a new position in the organization that provides an opportunity to build on the existing marketing and fundraising team.
•Self-starter, able to work independently, and entrepreneurial; enjoys creating and implementing new initiatives
Director of Real Estate Development Sacramento, CA
NeighborWorks® Sacramento Region (formerly Sacramento Neighborhood Housing Services) seeks an exceptional Director of Real Estate Development who will build on our 30-year history of providing opportunities for successful homeownership and building strong communities in Sacramento and the 11-county region we serve. Founded in 1987, our mission is: To provide opportunities for successful homeownership and building stronger communities throughout the Sacramento Region. NeighborWorks® Sacramento Region is governed by a 10-member Board of Directors, the 2019 annual operating budget is approximately $2.6M, and we employ 22 people. Additional information about the organization can be found at https://www.nwsac.org/
Reporting to the CEO, the Director of Real Estate Development works with the Real Estate Development team to implement and manage all aspects of high quality affordable housing developments, from the earliest visioning stages through construction completion.
• Raising and managing capital for real estate development projects, which includes formulating budgets, managing cash flow, identifying and securing sources of capital, and completing revenue/cost projections and reports
• Developing new programs, and formulating beneficial partnerships with for-profit, non-profit and governmental organizations.
• Identifying and analyzing risks associated with various projects and identifying strategies to mitigate that risk where possible.
• Close coordination with other departments is critical to the success of the department and the organization. Works with other department managers and staff to solve problems, improve efficiency and integration, facilitate communication, and identify opportunities for improvement.
• Works closely with the senior management team to formulate organizational strategy and policy, to identify market and community trends, and to identify and capture opportunities for improvement and growth.
• Manages department staff and is responsible for the efficient operation of business unit.
• The successful candidate will have a strong background in managing the finances of projects as well as operational budgets.
• A minimum of 5 years of hands-on experience in affordable housing development, preferably with some experience in a leadership role.
• The ability to successfully manage and complete complex development projects, with a strong commitment to working in a community based non-profit development organization.
• Experience with government-sponsored real estate subsidies and financing programs and private lending programs for affordable housing, preferably in California.
• An understanding of the legal, financial, construction, marketing and leasing aspects of affordable housing development.
• The ability to work simultaneously on multiple projects and programs. • Knowledge of asset management and property management for affordable housing preferred.
• Bachelor’s degree in Urban Planning or a related field preferred.
Salary will be competitive and commensurate with experience. To apply, e-mail your resume, a detailed cover letter, and your salary requirements to: email@example.com . (E-mail applications are required.) Resume reviews begin immediately. NeighborWorks® Sacramento Region is an Equal Opportunity Employer